Full-time Associate Position – Osage Venture Partners
Osage Venture Partners (OVP) is a premier venture capital fund based just outside of Philadelphia that invests in early stage business-to-business (B2B) software companies on the East Coast. With over $150M under management, OVP seeks to invest in determined and creative entrepreneurs and provide them with the assistance required to build high growth businesses. OVP has recently begun investing out of OVP IV, a $90 million fund, and is actively making new investments in some of the most exciting tech startups on the East Coast.
OVP has enjoyed much success since its debut fund in 2005, funding more than 30 companies across a range of B2B sectors, including software as a service (“SaaS”), cloud computing, data analytics, healthcare IT, enterprise mobility, education technology, and infrastructure management software. Notable investments include SevOne (network performance management; $150M investment from Bain Capital Ventures), InstaMed (healthcare payments network), Automated Insights (natural language generation platform; acquired by STATS, Inc.), ExecOnline (online executive education), and Canvas (enterprise mobile solutions).
Osage Venture Partners is part of the Osage Partners family of funds. Osage Partners has a 25 year history of investing in VC and private equity deals, and has nearly $500M of capital under management. It currently has two distinct investment strategies, each of which has its own staff: Osage Venture Partners (described above) and Osage University Partners, which funds companies that have licensed intellectual property from universities.
The Associate will be integrally involved in all aspects of OVP and will meaningfully contribute to the success of one of the top performing venture funds in the United States through deep engagement with exceptional entrepreneurs. As part of a dynamic, seven person team, the Analyst will have the opportunity to work closely with and be mentored by seasoned professionals in a collaborative, challenging, and intellectually stimulating environment. Assuming strong and sustained performance, the Associate will have the opportunity to progress on a career path toward partner.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Acting as board observer for portfolio companies and assisting the management teams on key strategic priorities
- Sourcing deals by establishing relationships with entrepreneurs and key members of the startup ecosystem; may include leading OVP business development efforts in one or more metro areas
- Screening business plans and leading calls and meetings with potential investments; each year we evaluate over 500 companies and have calls and/or meetings with more than 150 of them
- Leading key aspects of investment diligence, such as preparing term sheets and reviewing legal documents, conducting reference calls, determining market size, analyzing the competitive landscape, and identifying comparable transactions
- Performing financial analysis of potential investments and portfolio companies, including analyzing historical financial statements, building and reviewing financial models, creating capitalization tables and exit waterfalls, and analyzing our portfolio’s quarterly performance
- Investigating potential areas of focus for our fund and developing sectoral overviews to inform investment theses
- Supporting internal fund operations, such as preparation for an annual investor meeting, quarterly investor reporting, recruiting, and fundraising
- Helping manage a team of two analysts to support deal flow analysis and diligence
- Track record of academic excellence in engineering, applied sciences, or liberal arts, including a four year degree from a top undergraduate university; advanced degree, such as an MBA, is preferred but not required
- Minimum of two years of relevant work experience, ideally in strategy consulting, PE/VC, software product management, or with a growing startup
- Self-motivated and highly productive in independent work
- Strong relationship management skills
- Works well in a team
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to balance several projects at once
- Strong work ethic
- Strong Microsoft skills (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
Interested candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.